I just feel delighted by the tastes of South-east Asian Cuisine. Their dishes always have a burst
of flavours and beautiful aromas.
I love to cook and pretty much enjoy preparing and tasting anything! This particular dish is just an ordinary comfort food, which is perhaps just a mix of flavours that happened unanticipatedly.
I had a few things in the pantry and Voila!
Hopefully, you guys will also enjoy this dish. It’s super easy and can be prepared in no time.
|Chicken, Mushrooms and Broccoli (served with steamy rice)|
Prep Time: 10mins
Cooking Time: 15mins
- Boneless Chicken – 1 cup
- Mushrooms (fresh or canned) – 1/2 cup
- Broccoli Blanched – 1/2 cup
- Chicken Stock – 1 cup
- Onion finely chopped – 1/4 cup
- Garlic crushed – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger crushed – 1 tsp
- Oyster Sauce – 2 tsp
- Soya Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Sweet Soya Sauce – 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- White Pepper – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Cornstarch (for thickening the soup)
- Saute the onions in a pan, add garlic and ginger.
- Add the Chicken and fry, now add mushrooms and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the Chicken Stock ( I used the chicken stock cube).
- After adding the stock, add all the spices and sauces. (Be careful with the salt as the sauces already contain a lot of salt content, plus the store bought stock is also salty).
- Bring to a boil, let simmer for a couple of minutes. If you feel that the stock is less you can add more.
- Now add the blanched broccoli, mix well. Add the prepared cornstarch to slightly thicken the soup. You can keep the consistency as per your wish. I like it a bit runny so it is easy to pour over a bowl of warm steamy rice.
- Serve with boiled Basmati Rice or Jasmine rice.